I came up with this chicken dish and marinade to go with my Curried Mango Ginger Chutney recipe I made last night. I originally came across a similar spice combination when I saw a dish called “Tawa Fish”. I thought this spice combination sounded great on fish (without the frying part) so why not try it with chicken breasts? This marinade tasted great with the chicken and then even better with the Curried Mango Ginger Chutney recipe I made. The marinade is easy, healthy and simple to put together.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (2 large or 4 small chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (I used white balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the chicken breasts) in a bowl, set aside
- (optional) pound out chicken breast until they are all uniform, about 1.2 inch thick, they will cook evenly and faster this way.
- Marinade chicken breasts in fridge for at least 1/2 an hour
- When ready to cook, remove chicken breasts and pat dry
- preheat oven to 400 degree
- heat oil over medium to medium high heat in a oven proof skillet or grill pan
- Sear chicken until browned for about 2 minutes on each side and take pan directly from stove and place into oven
- Depending on thickness of the chicken breast, l finish cooking in about 3 to to 10 minutes. You want the chicken to no longer be pink and juice running clear.
- Remove chicken from pan and and place on cutting board or plate and let rest at least 5 minutes. The chicken will retain more juices the longer you let it rest.
- Serve as a main dish and accent it with “Curried Mango Ginger Chutney”