This is my basic “go to” recipe for my green drink I make in my high speed blender a couple times a week. Great for beginners. I like this recipe because the ingredients are easy to find, store and blend together in a snap. There are a lot of “extras” you can add, or variations you can do with this basic recipe which I will be going over here in the future. I think adding in a a few basic “green drinks” made for just one person is an simple quick starter item to add if your starting a healthy diet. Just add in a couple of times a week if your just beginning out, and then start getting more creative.
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped Dino (also called Tuscan) kale
- 1 small apple or 1/2 of a large apple, sliced, skin on (your choice)
- 1 cup any brand of regular or unsweetend vanilla almond milk. (easy to find at Trader Joes and most markets)
- Half to one whole banana (I use frozen banana slices for a colder drink)
- Put all ingredients in a high speed blender (I use a Vita Mix) for a minute or two, until well blended.
Optional: (you can add a small scoop of vitamin fortified “Greens” powders, there are many on the market, I use Green Vibrence, Vital Scoop, ect. There are many on the market at Whole Foods or any supplement or vitamin store.
Drink and Enjoy
This drink is filled with lots of nutrition and less than 200 calories if using unsweetened Almond Milk, and around 230 with an added greens powder