This is a spicy crunch healthy snack, made with everyday ingredients, easy to make and great to have on hand. I love these and actually make them even spicier than the recipe allows. Also this a recipe, where the added ingredients, can be played around with by your own taste. Feel free to double or even triple this recipe if your having a large number of guests over for football, appetizers or whenever. It seems like something I’d have in a bowl at a bar top in a nice restaurant.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup of shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon or more of dried Italian herb mixture
- Cayenne or dried chili powder to taste
- Fresh ground seas salt and black pepper
- 1 can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans and pat dry
1. Preheat oven to about 415 , oil a cookie sheet
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, cheese, chili/cayenne pepper, salt , pepper, Italian herbs.
3. Add the garbanzo beans to the spice and cheese mixture until evenly coated
4. Spread bean on the baking sheet and roast for about 45 minutes to and hour and 15 minutes, checking and stirring every 10 or 25 minutes or so. Remove when the beans are to your “crunchy” likeness.
5. Serve in appetizer bowl is serving for guests for a snack, or just on your own.
Aproximate Calories: 150 per serving, 5 grams of fat
Variations: leave out the cheese for a vegetarian dish